Can you have your carpet cleaned too often?
- You certainly don't have to have your carpets cleaned every month, but carpet cleaning on a regular basis will serve to make your carpeting last longer and your home healthier.
How often should you get your carpets cleaned?
- That depends a great deal on how many people live in the home, their ages, and if you have pets. If you have young children, then you already know how fast things like rugs, carpets and upholstery can get dirty. If you have pets, they too can bring in quite a bit of dirt, dust and other pollutants. While it may seem at first to be too often, I would suggest having your carpets cleaned every six to eight months if you have children and pets If you don’t have those conditions or if you want to push the envelope, then you should have your carpets cleaned once a year..
- Dirt and grime are destructive to carpets.
- There is also your family’s health to consider when deciding how often to have your carpets cleaned. IMPORTANT! ,,,Your carpet is really just a filter for all the dust, dirt, allergens, bacteria and grime that find their way into your home. Like any filter, your carpet functions best when it is clean. When a carpet is clean, it traps these unwanted guests in its fibers. As time goes by, those fibers become full and are no longer very effective at trapping those unseen nasties. This is why, more so than appearance, I believe in the importance of regular, effective deep cleaning of carpets.
- If you or someone you love suffers from allergies, asthma or other breathing problems, one of the first things you should do is to have your carpets professionally cleaned. A dirty, overloaded carpet (or filter) can be a problem source of irritants for allergy and asthma sufferers. A professionally cleaned and maintained carpet (or filter) can be an effective tool in the battle against these irritants and allergens.